September 2006 Cub Scout Roundtable Issue
| Volume 13, Issue 2
October 2006 Theme
Theme: Cub Scout Shipbuilders
Citizen & Showman
Tiger Cub Activities
You might want to consider modifying one of the Opening Ceremonies to make it appropriate for a closing. Sam Houston Area Council had the “Six Ships of Scouting” listed as a closing in their Pow Wow Book. CD
Set Your Course
Sam Houston Area Council
Arrangement: Nine Cub Scouts in uniform will each be holding one letter of the word “CHARACTER”. The letters may be drawn in poster board or the letters may be cut out. The line that each boy is to say can be glued to the back of the letter in LARGE print.
- There is one kind of obstacle course that is the most difficult.
- That is a CHARACTER course.
- Your character in being formed right now.
- By what you do and what you don’t do.
- Many of your actions will be influenced by others.
- Try to set your own course.
- Make up your mind that you will always live by the Cub Scout Promise.
- Then follow through with it.
- Set your course to the top of the Character Hill!
Materials found in Baloo's Bugle may be used by Scouters for Scouting activities provided that Baloo's Bugle and the original contributors are cited as the source of the material.
Materials found at the U. S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. Website ©1997-2006 may be reproduced and used locally by Scouting volunteers for training purposes consistent with the programs of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) or other Scouting and Guiding Organizations. No material found here may be used or reproduced for electronic redistribution or for commercial or other non-Scouting purposes without the express permission of the U. S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. (USSSP) or other copyright holders. USSSP is not affiliated with BSA and does not speak on behalf of BSA. Opinions expressed on these web pages are those of the web authors.