Skiing can be enjoyed in many ways. At ski areas you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross-country and other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by people with disabilities or other skiers.
Always show courtesy to others and remember that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
Know the code. It's your responsibility
Officially endorsed by the NSAA
- Always stay in control
- People ahead of you have the right of way.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
- Know how to use the lifts safely.