Webelos Scouts that earn the Music Belt Loop while a Webelos
also satisfy requirement 15 for the Showman Activity Badge.
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain why music is an important part of our culture.
- Pick a song with at least two verses and learn it by heart.
- Listen to four different types of music either recorded or live.
Earn the Music belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack.
- Teach your den a song.
- Play a song by yourself or in a group, in unison or in harmony.
- Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a short skit or as background for a movement activity.
- Attend a live musical performance or concert.
- Demonstrate conducting patterns for two songs using two different meters (two-, three-, or four- beat meter) while your adult partner or den members sing or play the songs you have selected.
- Take voice or dance lessons or lessons to learn to play an instrument.
- Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
- Learn about a composer of some music that you enjoy.