Webelos Scouts that earn the Bicycling Belt Loop while
a Webelos Scout
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of safe bicycling to your den leader or adult partner.
- Demonstrate how to wear the proper safety equipment for bicycling.
- Show how to ride a bike safely. Ride for at least half an hour with an adult partner, your family, or den.
Earn the Bicycling belt loop, and complete requirement 1 below, and do four more of the following requirements:
- Make a chart to record at least 10 hours of bicycling. (Required)
- Participate in a pack, den, or community bike rodeo.
- Demonstrate how to repair a flat tire on a bicycle.
- Make a poster illustrating different types of early bikes and show it to your den.
- Give a demonstration to your den or pack on the proper use of safety equipment and gear.
- With the help of a parent or adult partner, register or reregister your bicycle.
- Go on a "bicycle hike" with your family or den. Obey traffic rules related to bicycling.
- Repair or restore a nonfunctioning bicycle to a safe condition. Include the installation of all proper safety devices.
- Visit a bicycle race or exhibition.
- Help set up a bike rodeo or bike competition for your pack.
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||Word Format||PDF Format|