Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Give a short report to your den or family on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
- Practice finding your pulse and counting your heartbeats per minute. Determine your target heart rate.
- Practice five physical fitness skills regularly. Improve performance in each skill over a month. Skills could include pull-ups, curl-ups, the standing long jump, the 50-yard dash, and the softball throw.
Earn the Physical Fitness belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Choose a form of exercise, bring your heart rate up to target, and keep it there for 15 minutes. Don't forget to warm up and cool down.
- Set up a four-step exercise program. Chart your progress for five days a week for two weeks.
- Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each exercise session.
- Visit a local gym and talk to a trainer about exercises and programs for young people.
- Participate in some aerobic exercises at least three times a week for four weeks.
- Build an obstacle course that could include some exercises with jumping, crawling, and hurdles. Time yourself three times to see whether you can improve your time.
- Swim for a total of an hour, charting your time as you go.
- Participate for at least three months in an organized team sport or organized athletic activity.
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||DOC File||PDF File|