The award is given to young adults in college through age 25 who have achieved excellence in the fields of art, athletics, business, community service, education, government, humanities, literature, music, religion, or science and have been involved in service to their community, state, or country that adds to the quality of life.
- Age Requirement—age 19 through age 25.
- Accomplishments—have achieved outstanding accomplishments in the fields of art, athletics, business, community service, education, government, humanities, literature, math, music, religion, and science.
- Service—have been involved in service in their community, state, or country that adds to the quality of life.
- Scholars—have maintained an above average scholastic grade point average. College freshmen provide high school transcript. College sophomores to graduate student provide college transcript.
- Recommendations—provide with the application three to six letters of recommendation from your troop, post, crew, group, school, teacher, counselor, employer, minister, business leader, civic leader, or other community leaders
For the application form, see the following pages:
The complete application with letters of recommendation and a current school transcript must be date stamped by the local council no later than December 1, and submitted to the national office by January 2.