Pack Trainer Award
This award has been discontinued.
It has been replaced with the Scouter's Training Award for
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2013.
Those starting work should use the requirements for the Scouter's Training Award
for Cub Scouting.
Prior recipients may continue to wear the awards they earned.
To see the current requirements,
- Complete 2 years as a registered Pack Trainer
- Fast Start training for the Pack Committee
- Complete New Leader Essentials and be familiar with and able to
explain the key elements of Leader Specific Training for all volunteer
positions in the pack.
- Complete Youth Protection Training
- Participate in a TDC.
- Participate in a Cub Scout leader Pow Wow or University of Scouting
during each year of tenure for this award.
- Have Cub Scout Roundtable staff certify your attendance for at least
30% of the roundtables during each year of your tenure for this award.
- Attain 100% trained leadership within the pack for the committee
chairman, Cubmaster and all the den leaders.
- Have a working plan in place for delivering Fast Start training
to new leaders within 48 hours of their joining your pack.
- Have a working plan in place for helping leaders who have not taken
basic training to attend New Leader Essentials and leader specific training.
- Keep and update training records of all leaders in your pack.
- During the pack annual program planning meeting, be available to
answer questions about training courses.
- Review ongoing pack leadership training status and provide leaders
with updates on any available supplemental training.
The knot shown at the top of this page is a scan of an
actual knot patch for this award.
This image shows the original design of the knot, as shown in the original
This design appears on the back cover of the 2006 revision of the BSA Insignia
Page updated on:
July 29, 2012