Webelos Den Leader Award
This award has been discontinued.
It has been replaced with the Den Leader's Training Award.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the requirements for the Den Leader's Training
Prior recipients may continue to wear the awards they earned.
To see the current requirements,
Complete 1 year as a registered Webelos den leader.
(Dates of service used to earn this award cannot be used to earn another key
- Complete "The New Webelos Den Leader" Fast Start training.
- Complete basic training for Webelos den leaders.
- Complete Youth Protection Training.
- Complete outdoor training for Webelos den leaders.
- During your tenure for this award, participate in a Cub Scout leader pow
wow or University of Scouting, or attend at least four roundtables.
Do seven of the following:
- During at least one program year, have a minimum of 50 percent of the Webelos
Scouts in your den advance in rank
(Webelos Badge or Arrow of Light Award).
- At least once, reregister a minimum of 75 percent of the eligible members
of your den as a part of pack rechartering.
- Graduate a minimum of 60 percent of the eligible members of your Webelos
den into Boy Scouting.
- Have an assistant Webelos den leader who meets regularly with your Webelos
- Have a Webelos den chief who meets regularly with your den.
- Take leadership in planning and conducting two Webelos overnight campouts
or other outdoor den activities.
- Assist in planning and conducting a Webelos den / Boy Scout troop joint
- Take leadership in planning and conducting a Webelos den service project.
- Conduct at least three Webelos den meetings per month, 9 months per year
or follow an optional meeting plan approved by the pack.
- Participate with your den in a Webelos day camp or resident camp experience.
- Explore three "Character Connection" activities with your den members in
- Hold regular den meeting and activity planning sessions with your assistant
Record for the Webelos Den Leader Award
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (#34169A)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012