These requirements became effective on June 1, 2014.
To see the requirements with the changes highlighted, Click here.
To see the previous requirements, Click here.
- Outdoor Living History
- Research a historical culture and time period of interest to you, such as Native American, mountain man, pioneer, or Revolutionary/Civil War.
- Write a 2,000-word essay or make an outline describing the culture's dress, food, housing, customs, etc.
- Using your research, make an outfit that represents a person or type of person (soldier, farmer, trader, hunter, chief, etc.) from your chosen culture.
- Using your research, construct a working tool or weapon out of authentic materials that would have been used by the person you have chosen to represent in requirement (c) above.
- Once your clothing and accoutrements are complete, attend and participate in a pow wow, rendezvous, reenactment, historical trek, or other event that includes your chosen culture.
- Make a presentation of your chosen culture to your crew, another crew, a Cub Scout or Boy Scout unit, or another group.
- Organize a group tour to a museum, archaeological dig, or other site of significance to your chosen culture.
- After the tour, lead your group in a discussion about what they learned
Source: Venturing Awards and Requirements
(34784 - SKU 618767) and