Study the >Scouts BSA handbooks and the Camping merit badge pamphlet, and demonstrate to your Scoutmaster or other qualified person the following:
- Explain the most likely hazards you may encounter while participating in camping activities and what you should do to anticipate, help prevent, mitigate, and respond to these hazards.
- Show that you know first aid for Injuries that could occur while using woods tools.
- Earn the Totin' Chip.
- Help a Scout or patrol earn the Totin' Chip, and demonstrate to them the value of proper woods-tools use .
- Be familiar with the proper and safe use of woods tools including:
- With official approval and supervision, using woods tools, spend
at least two hours doing one of the following conservation oriented
- Clear trails or fire lanes.
- Trim a downed tree, cut into 4-foot lengths, and stack; make a brush pile with the branches.
- Build a natural retaining wall or irrigation way to aid in a planned conservation effort.
In addition to the Patch shown at the top of this page, a wallet card ( No. 34235A) shown below, is available.
The older version of the wallet card (No. 4235) is shown below.
Source: Boy Scout Requirements 2019