Earned before 4/1/99 Earned
Either this Merit Badge
or Swimming MB or Cycling MB
is Required to earn the Eagle Scout Rank
These were the REQUIREMENTS
before the REVISIONS made on 01/01/2000.
To see the current requirements
- Show that you know first aid for injuries or illnesses that
could occur while hiking, including hypothermia, heatstroke,
heat exhaustion, frostbite, dehydration, sunburn, insect stings,
tick bites, snakebite, blisters, and hyperventilation.
- Explain and show, where possible, the main points of good
- Make a written plan for a 10-mile hike, including map routes,
a clothing and equipment list, and a list of things for a trail
- Take five hikes, each on a different day, and each of at
least ten continuous miles.
- Take a hike of 20 continuous miles in 1 day.
- After each hike, write a short report of your experience.
Give dates and descriptions of routes covered, weather, and
any interesting things you saw.
BSA Advancement ID#: 61