- Tell a story with a picture or pictures or using a 3-D rendering.
- Do ONE of the following.
Promote a product or an idea with a picture or pictures.
- Design something useful. Make a sketch or model of your design and get your counselor's approval before you proceed. Then create a promotional piece for the item using a picture or pictures.
- Design a logo. Share your design with your counselor and explain the significance of your logo. Then, with your parent's permission and your counselor's approval, put your logo on Scout equipment, furniture, ceramics, or fabric.
- 3. Record in an art medium something you have done or seen.
4. Decorate something with an original design. Put the design on Scout equipment, furniture, ceramics, or fabric.
5. Design something useful.
6. Render a subject of your choice in FOUR of these ways:
- Pen and ink,
- Oil paints,
- Tempera, or
- Computer drawing or painting
- 7. Discuss job opportunities in art. With your parent's permission and your counselor's approval, visit a museum, art exhibit, art gallery, artists' co-op, or artist's workshop. Find out about the art displayed or created there. Discuss what you learn with your counselor.
- Find out about three career opportunities in art. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this with your counselor, and explain why this profession might interest you.
BSA Advancement ID#:
Requirements last updated in: 2007
Pamphlet Publication Number: 33320B
Pamphlet Revision Date: 2006
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||Format|
|Word Format||PDF Format|
Page updated on: November 18, 2021