- Complete Venturing Leader Specific Training.
- Complete Sea Scout Adult Leader Basic Training.
- Complete a boating safety course offered by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary,
U.S. Power Squadrons, or NASBLA approved boater safety course.
Complete three years of registered tenure as a Skipper within a five year
(Time can include tenure used to earn the Scouters' Training Award.)
- Achieve at least the Silver level of Journey to Excellence at least two
- Conduct annual quarterdeck training and have a published meeting/activity
schedule for the ship in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental or advanced training
event at the council, area, region, or national level.
The Ship Committee Chair and Commissioner must approve the Skipper's application
for a Skipper's Key.
Sea Scout Skippers Key Application
Page updated on:
February 07, 2014