Varsity Scout Coach's Key
The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with the previous requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the current requirements.
To see the previous requirements,
Complete at least three years of registered tenure as a Varsity team Coach
within a five-year period.
(This can include the tenure used to earn the Scouter’s Training Award.)
- Complete basic training for Coaches
- Complete This Is Scouting training.
- Attend a university of Scouting (or equivalent), or attend at least four
roundtables/huddles (or equivalent) during each year of the tenure used for
Do the following during the tenure used for this award:
- Achieve at least the Silver level of Journey to Excellence for at least
two years. The Quality Unit Award is acceptable if the tenure used is prior
- Conduct an annual team planning session and have a published team
meeting/activity schedule for the team’s parents in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental or advanced training
event at the council, area, region, or national level.
Progress Record for the Varsity
Scout Coach's Key
Source: Varsity Scout Coach’s Key - Progress Record (511-055)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012