Varsity Scout Leader's Training Award
The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with the previous requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the current requirements.
To see the previous requirements,
Complete at least two years of tenure as a registered adult
leader in a Varsity Scout team.
- Complete basic training for Varsity Scout leaders.
- Complete This Is Scouting training.
- Attend a university of Scouting (or equivalent), or attend at least four
roundtables/huddles (or equivalent) during each year of the tenure used for
Do the following during the tenure used for this award:
- Participate in an annual team planning meeting in each year.
- Serve as an adult leader in a team that achieves at least the Bronze
level of Journey to Excellence in each year.
The Quality Unit Award is acceptable if the tenure used is prior to 2011.
- Give primary leadership in meeting at least one team Journey to
Excellence objective in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental or advanced training
event at the council, area, region,
or national level during the two years.
Record for the Varsity Scout Coach's Training
Source: Scouter’s Training Award for Varsity Scouting -
Progress Record (511-059) 2012 Printing
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012